Unfair on postmen
SIR - I am writing in response to the letter “Papers Got Through”. Isn’t it a shame this lady decided to complain about the postmen not delivering mail when she clearly doesn’t know all the facts.
My husband is a postman and goes out in all weathers while this lady and many others are wrapped up warm and dry.
Throughout the bad weather, my husband was unable to deliver the mail on ONE day only. This decision was made by management and not by the postman.
If this lady was waiting for something important, she could always have gone to the main Post Office to collect her mail herself.
Another very big factor when mail is unable to leave the main sorting office because of the bad weather, the postmen have nothing to deliver.
You may also want to watch:
Maybe this lady should be thankful she got any mail at all throughout the snowy weather. I, for one, would like to thank all the postmen and women who do a fantastic job and really do go above and beyond the call of duty most of the time.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police