Unfair on postmen
SIR - I am writing in response to the letter “Papers Got Through”. Isn’t it a shame this lady decided to complain about the postmen not delivering mail when she clearly doesn’t know all the facts.
My husband is a postman and goes out in all weathers while this lady and many others are wrapped up warm and dry.
Throughout the bad weather, my husband was unable to deliver the mail on ONE day only. This decision was made by management and not by the postman.
If this lady was waiting for something important, she could always have gone to the main Post Office to collect her mail herself.
Another very big factor when mail is unable to leave the main sorting office because of the bad weather, the postmen have nothing to deliver.
You may also want to watch:
Maybe this lady should be thankful she got any mail at all throughout the snowy weather. I, for one, would like to thank all the postmen and women who do a fantastic job and really do go above and beyond the call of duty most of the time.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home