Unfair on postmen
SIR - I am writing in response to the letter “Papers Got Through”. Isn’t it a shame this lady decided to complain about the postmen not delivering mail when she clearly doesn’t know all the facts.
My husband is a postman and goes out in all weathers while this lady and many others are wrapped up warm and dry.
Throughout the bad weather, my husband was unable to deliver the mail on ONE day only. This decision was made by management and not by the postman.
If this lady was waiting for something important, she could always have gone to the main Post Office to collect her mail herself.
Another very big factor when mail is unable to leave the main sorting office because of the bad weather, the postmen have nothing to deliver.
You may also want to watch:
Maybe this lady should be thankful she got any mail at all throughout the snowy weather. I, for one, would like to thank all the postmen and women who do a fantastic job and really do go above and beyond the call of duty most of the time.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects