Under-age drinkers busted after party ‘tip-off’
- Credit: Archant
Police confiscate £400 of alcohol from teenagers in Instow.
POLICE have confiscated alcohol worth almost £400 from a group of under-age teenagers in Instow.
Officers stopped a number of school-leavers and other 15 and 16 year-olds when they broke up a planned party taking place in the area last night (Thursday),
More than 30 teenagers were found to have alcohol in their possession, including bottles of beer and vodka.
Police are now investigating the incident and making enquires into who supplied the alcohol to the youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Hannah Denton said: “This kind of behaviour is highly irresponsible and could result in a serious incident.
“We are actively making enquiries as to who was responsible for providing the alcohol to these young people, specifically whether it could have been parents, family or someone older who may have bought it on their behalf.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial