Uncertainty over hotel re-opening
Fire damaged hotel remains closed following third floor blaze
TANTONS Hotel remains closed following a third floor fire in the early hours of Tuesday week.
Speaking to the Gazette today (Monday), a spokesperson at the hotel, who asked not to be named, confirmed that the hotel was currently closed but did not know when it would re-open.
“We are not in a position to give any statements at this stage but should know more by the end of the week,” she said.
A message on the hotel’s website said the hotel would re-open within the next 24 to 48 hours.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters managed to contain the fire but said there was substantial damage to the third floor and the second floor and roof space had been damaged by smoke and heat.
The 18th century riverside hotel is Grade II listed and has more than 50 en-suite rooms.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened