Father Christmas opens Umberleigh Academy car park
- Credit: Umberleigh Academy
Father Christmas arrived a little early at Umberleigh Primary Academy much to the delight of pupils.
Santa’s reindeers are resting up until Christmas Eve, so some local horses were drafted in to help him with the grand opening of Umberleigh Academy’s new car park.
It is the first part of Umberleigh’s new park and play scheme which, along with the car park will see some fantastic new play equipment for the children and local community to use and enjoy.
The new car park is a very welcome addition to the school ensuring that children are safely delivered and picked up from school.
Head of school Corrinne Smith said: "Despite his obviously busy schedule at this time of year, he agreed to take a break from organising presents to spend a little time at Umberleigh.
"He arrived with his trusty horses and cut the tinsel so that the car park could be used. There has been a lot of hard work from many members of the school and community to complete this part of the ‘Park and Play’ project and I would like to thank all those involved.
"We look forward to planning the ‘play’ part of the project with the children, parents and members of the community to be completed later on in the new year.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
"The play park will provide a fabulous opportunity for the children and members of the community to socialise and exercise and we look forward to when the equipment is ready for this.”