Tyre slashing spree in Combe Martin
Witnesses sought after ‘random’ criminal damage in village.
POLICE in Combe Martin are seeking witnesses after an apparently random attack on parked cars.
Sometime between 9.30pm on Thursday, August 23 and 1.30am the next morning, three cars in Buzzacott lane had their tyres slashed – all four in the case of one vehicle.
PCSO Ade Drury said some other elements of damage had occurred at the top end of the village recently and police are keen to hear from anyone who might have seen anything suspicious.
“It’s totally random, none of theses vehicles are connected, other than being in the same street,” she said.
“If residents do see anything suspicious, please do call us at the time of the incident and not leave it.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and ask for PCSO Drury or PC Martin Beck. The number is also used to report non emergency incidents.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 3 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 4 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 5 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 6 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 7 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 8 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 Verdant Leisure buys two North Devon holiday parks