Tyre slashing spree in Combe Martin
Witnesses sought after ‘random’ criminal damage in village.
POLICE in Combe Martin are seeking witnesses after an apparently random attack on parked cars.
Sometime between 9.30pm on Thursday, August 23 and 1.30am the next morning, three cars in Buzzacott lane had their tyres slashed – all four in the case of one vehicle.
PCSO Ade Drury said some other elements of damage had occurred at the top end of the village recently and police are keen to hear from anyone who might have seen anything suspicious.
“It’s totally random, none of theses vehicles are connected, other than being in the same street,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“If residents do see anything suspicious, please do call us at the time of the incident and not leave it.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and ask for PCSO Drury or PC Martin Beck. The number is also used to report non emergency incidents.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened