Fire fighters were called out to a house in Lynton last night (Monday) after a fire involving a television.

Two men were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in the lounge of a property in Lynton last night (Monday).

The fire, involving a television, occurred in Barbrook Road at around 8.40pm left the property heavily smoke-logged.

Fire fighters used breathing apparatus to tackle the fire, which left 10 per cent of the ground floor and five per cent of the first floor with smoke damage.

The two men were left in the care of paramedics.