Two treated for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire
- Credit: Archant
A man and woman received oxygen therapy after their kitchen was severely damaged in a fire involving a rayburn.
TWO people were treated for smoke inhalation after their kitchen was destroyed in a fire at Ashwater near Beaworthy.
Fire crews from Holsworthy, Hatherleigh, South Molton and Okehampton were scrambled to the scene at around 10.45pm on Sunday.
On arrival crews found the single storey building was heavily smoke logged due to a fire involving a rayburn.
Fire fighters used breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets, a safety jet and two dry powder extinguishers to put out the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The kitchen was severely damaged by the fire and 50 per cent of the property was severely damaged by heat and smoke.
A man and woman suffered slight smoke inhalation and were treated using oxygen therapy by fire fighters at the scene until the arrival of an ambulance.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival