Two treated for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire
- Credit: Archant
A man and woman received oxygen therapy after their kitchen was severely damaged in a fire involving a rayburn.
TWO people were treated for smoke inhalation after their kitchen was destroyed in a fire at Ashwater near Beaworthy.
Fire crews from Holsworthy, Hatherleigh, South Molton and Okehampton were scrambled to the scene at around 10.45pm on Sunday.
On arrival crews found the single storey building was heavily smoke logged due to a fire involving a rayburn.
Fire fighters used breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets, a safety jet and two dry powder extinguishers to put out the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The kitchen was severely damaged by the fire and 50 per cent of the property was severely damaged by heat and smoke.
A man and woman suffered slight smoke inhalation and were treated using oxygen therapy by fire fighters at the scene until the arrival of an ambulance.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton