Fire fighters called to Instow yesterday (Sunday) to help two people from first floor flat.

Two casualties were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire involving an electric blanket last night (Sunday).

Fire fighters from Bideford and Barnstaple were called to Marine Court in Instow at around 11.10pm.

On arrival they assisted two casualties from the building, with the fire in a first floor flat.

They then extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus wearers and a hose reel jet.

The two people led from the building were left in the care of paramedics.