Two treated for smoke inhalation after chip pan fire in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
An ambulance was called to the scene in Ilfracombe after reports of a chip pan fire.
A MAN and woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire broke out at a home in Ilfracombe on Saturday.
Two fire crews were scrambled to the scene in Langleigh Park at 6.20pm where they discovered the fire in the kitchen on the semi detached property.
An ambulance was requested to treat the occupants but they were not taken to hospital.
Crews used four breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and a thermal image camera to tackle the blaze and check for hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
They ventilated the property and deemed the cause of the fire to be accidental.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub