Two treated for smoke inhalation after chip pan fire in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
An ambulance was called to the scene in Ilfracombe after reports of a chip pan fire.
A MAN and woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire broke out at a home in Ilfracombe on Saturday.
Two fire crews were scrambled to the scene in Langleigh Park at 6.20pm where they discovered the fire in the kitchen on the semi detached property.
An ambulance was requested to treat the occupants but they were not taken to hospital.
Crews used four breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and a thermal image camera to tackle the blaze and check for hot spots.
They ventilated the property and deemed the cause of the fire to be accidental.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
- 10 Help turn tide with Appledore community film