Two treated for smoke inhalation after chip pan fire in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
An ambulance was called to the scene in Ilfracombe after reports of a chip pan fire.
A MAN and woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire broke out at a home in Ilfracombe on Saturday.
Two fire crews were scrambled to the scene in Langleigh Park at 6.20pm where they discovered the fire in the kitchen on the semi detached property.
An ambulance was requested to treat the occupants but they were not taken to hospital.
Crews used four breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and a thermal image camera to tackle the blaze and check for hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
They ventilated the property and deemed the cause of the fire to be accidental.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal