Two treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning in Instow
- Credit: Archant
A woman and boy were evacuated from the property after a carbon monoxide detector was activated.
TWO people were treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning last night (Mon) at a house at Worlington Cross, Instow.
Fire crews from Bideford and Barnstaple were scrambled to the scene at around 11.20pm after a woman reported a carbon monoxide detector activating inside her two-storey property.
Wearing breathing apparatus, crews entered the building and discovered a small amount of carbon monoxide detected around an open fire in the ground floor living room.
As a precaution, fire crews requested the ambulance to attend for the woman and a boy in the property for the possible effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.
You may also want to watch:
Fire fighters removed the contents of the hearth to the open air.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's