Two taken to hospital following Ilfracombe crash
Road closed as emergency services deal with incident on Prixford Road.
TWO people were taken to hospital following a collision between vehicles near Ilfracombe this morning (Friday).
The incident happened on the Prixford road about a mile from two Pots just after 8am, police said and is thought to have involved a Transit van from Barnstaple plus a blue Vauxhall Corsa from Ilfracombe.
South Western Ambulance Service took the drivers of both vehicles to North Devon District Hospital where they received treatment for whiplash injuries.
Two fire engines from Ilfracombe attended after initial reports suggested people were trapped in the vehicles, but all were clear when the crews arrived. Fire fighters made the vehicles safe.
Police said the road was closed at Burland Cross while the incident was dealt with.
- 1 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 6 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 7 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 8 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 Young carols singers do families proud on festive charity mission