Two taken to hospital following Ilfracombe crash
Road closed as emergency services deal with incident on Prixford Road.
TWO people were taken to hospital following a collision between vehicles near Ilfracombe this morning (Friday).
The incident happened on the Prixford road about a mile from two Pots just after 8am, police said and is thought to have involved a Transit van from Barnstaple plus a blue Vauxhall Corsa from Ilfracombe.
South Western Ambulance Service took the drivers of both vehicles to North Devon District Hospital where they received treatment for whiplash injuries.
Two fire engines from Ilfracombe attended after initial reports suggested people were trapped in the vehicles, but all were clear when the crews arrived. Fire fighters made the vehicles safe.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the road was closed at Burland Cross while the incident was dealt with.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl