Two taken to hospital following Ilfracombe crash
Road closed as emergency services deal with incident on Prixford Road.
TWO people were taken to hospital following a collision between vehicles near Ilfracombe this morning (Friday).
The incident happened on the Prixford road about a mile from two Pots just after 8am, police said and is thought to have involved a Transit van from Barnstaple plus a blue Vauxhall Corsa from Ilfracombe.
South Western Ambulance Service took the drivers of both vehicles to North Devon District Hospital where they received treatment for whiplash injuries.
Two fire engines from Ilfracombe attended after initial reports suggested people were trapped in the vehicles, but all were clear when the crews arrived. Fire fighters made the vehicles safe.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the road was closed at Burland Cross while the incident was dealt with.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened