Two rescued from Witheridge carbon monoxide leak
TWO people and two dogs were rescued by fire fighters from a house at Witheridge last night (Thursday) after a carbon monoxide leak. One person was taken to hospital by ambulance after fire crews from Witheridge and Chulmleigh donned breathing apparatus t
TWO people and two dogs were rescued by fire fighters from a house at Witheridge last night (Thursday) after a carbon monoxide leak.
One person was taken to hospital by ambulance after fire crews from Witheridge and Chulmleigh donned breathing apparatus to get them and their animals out of the house at Butts Close just after 8pm.
The deadly carbon monoxide had leaked from a wood burner and fire crews administered first aid to the casualties whilst waiting for an ambulance to arrive.
Crews used a fan to ventilate the property and a gas detector to monitor the levels of carbon monoxide.
You may also want to watch:
Carbon monoxide alarms can be fitted in the home for as little as �15. For more information visit www.becarbonmonoxideaware.com or telephone 0870 401 2254 or 2258.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety