Two people rescued from mud in Instow
- Credit: Archant
Sea King helicopter and fire crews called out to Instow at lunch time to rescue pair trapped in the mud.
TWO people were rescued from Instow this afternoon (Thursday) after becoming stuck in the mud up to their waistlines.
Fire crews from Bideford, a specialist rescue team from Barnstaple and Chivenor Sea King helicopter were scrambled to the scene at around 12.15pm.
A man and woman were stuck in the mud and crews used mud mats, dry suits, buoyancy aids, throw lines and a hose reel jet to release them.
Both people escaped from the mud uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Did you witness the rescue? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub