Two new projects for young people in Torrington
TORRINGTON Youth Action Group has been given some money by the Youth Opportunities Fund to pay for two new projects. Both projects are aimed at providing opportunities for young people aged 16 – 19 who live in and around Great Torrington. One project is f
TORRINGTON Youth Action Group has been given some money by the Youth Opportunities Fund to pay for two new projects.
Both projects are aimed at providing opportunities for young people aged 16 - 19 who live in and around Great Torrington.
One project is for budding young musicians who want to have a place to practise and record their own music. The project will allow young adults 16 - 19 to use the new music and
They will have access to a variety of musical instruments and rooms to rehearse plus the use of state of the art recording equipment with detailed instruction.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone considering higher education in the areas of music or music technology will find these sessions to be excellent tasters..
Sessions take place on Monday evenings between 6-9pm. Spaces are limited. To book, email email@example.com
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 9 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 10 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
The second project is a five-a-side football tournament for school leavers aged 16 - 19. Starting on November 27 this will take place on Friday evenings from 7pm. The tournament will held at Torrington Sports Hall and the structure will be decided upon when all entries have been received.
The cost of entry is �5 per team for a squad of seven players. A set of shirts will be presented to the wining team after 10 weeks of competition. The event will run for 30 weeks in 10-week blocks.
To enter, email Adrian Avery on: firstname.lastname@example.org