Two new projects for young people in Torrington
TORRINGTON Youth Action Group has been given some money by the Youth Opportunities Fund to pay for two new projects. Both projects are aimed at providing opportunities for young people aged 16 – 19 who live in and around Great Torrington. One project is f
TORRINGTON Youth Action Group has been given some money by the Youth Opportunities Fund to pay for two new projects.
Both projects are aimed at providing opportunities for young people aged 16 - 19 who live in and around Great Torrington.
One project is for budding young musicians who want to have a place to practise and record their own music. The project will allow young adults 16 - 19 to use the new music and
They will have access to a variety of musical instruments and rooms to rehearse plus the use of state of the art recording equipment with detailed instruction.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone considering higher education in the areas of music or music technology will find these sessions to be excellent tasters..
Sessions take place on Monday evenings between 6-9pm. Spaces are limited. To book, email email@example.com
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
The second project is a five-a-side football tournament for school leavers aged 16 - 19. Starting on November 27 this will take place on Friday evenings from 7pm. The tournament will held at Torrington Sports Hall and the structure will be decided upon when all entries have been received.
The cost of entry is �5 per team for a squad of seven players. A set of shirts will be presented to the wining team after 10 weeks of competition. The event will run for 30 weeks in 10-week blocks.
To enter, email Adrian Avery on: firstname.lastname@example.org