Two motorcyclists die after colliding on A39 at Parracombe
TWO motorcyclists died when they collided with each other on the A39 at Parracombe yesterday ( Sunday). Police closed the road while they conducted a thorough investigation of the scene. A red and white Yamaha YZF 998cc machine and a blue Suzuki GSXR 99
TWO motorcyclists died when they collided with each other on the A39 at Parracombe yesterday ( Sunday).
Police closed the road while they conducted a thorough investigation of the scene.
A red and white Yamaha YZF 998cc machine and a blue Suzuki GSXR 999cc were involved in the accident, which took place at around noon. Both riders were found to be dead at the scene.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact them on 08452 777444 quoting incident log 500 of May 23.
You may also want to watch:
Superintendent Swarbrick of Devon and Cornwall Police issued the following statement: "Devon and Cornwall Police welcomes careful motorists to the roads in these two beautiful counties.
"Unfortunately, over this very hot and pleasant weekend, a number of road users have lost their lives.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
"This tragic fact should be seen as a warning to all road users, particularly motorcyclists.
"We regret the loss of life and serious injury that has resulted over the past two days and we implore all road users to slow down and take more care.