Two motorcyclists die after colliding on A39 at Parracombe
TWO motorcyclists died when they collided with each other on the A39 at Parracombe yesterday ( Sunday). Police closed the road while they conducted a thorough investigation of the scene. A red and white Yamaha YZF 998cc machine and a blue Suzuki GSXR 99
TWO motorcyclists died when they collided with each other on the A39 at Parracombe yesterday ( Sunday).
Police closed the road while they conducted a thorough investigation of the scene.
A red and white Yamaha YZF 998cc machine and a blue Suzuki GSXR 999cc were involved in the accident, which took place at around noon. Both riders were found to be dead at the scene.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact them on 08452 777444 quoting incident log 500 of May 23.
You may also want to watch:
Superintendent Swarbrick of Devon and Cornwall Police issued the following statement: "Devon and Cornwall Police welcomes careful motorists to the roads in these two beautiful counties.
"Unfortunately, over this very hot and pleasant weekend, a number of road users have lost their lives.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
"This tragic fact should be seen as a warning to all road users, particularly motorcyclists.
"We regret the loss of life and serious injury that has resulted over the past two days and we implore all road users to slow down and take more care.