Two motorcyclists die after colliding on A39 at Parracombe
TWO motorcyclists died when they collided with each other on the A39 at Parracombe yesterday ( Sunday). Police closed the road while they conducted a thorough investigation of the scene. A red and white Yamaha YZF 998cc machine and a blue Suzuki GSXR 99
TWO motorcyclists died when they collided with each other on the A39 at Parracombe yesterday ( Sunday).
Police closed the road while they conducted a thorough investigation of the scene.
A red and white Yamaha YZF 998cc machine and a blue Suzuki GSXR 999cc were involved in the accident, which took place at around noon. Both riders were found to be dead at the scene.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact them on 08452 777444 quoting incident log 500 of May 23.
You may also want to watch:
Superintendent Swarbrick of Devon and Cornwall Police issued the following statement: "Devon and Cornwall Police welcomes careful motorists to the roads in these two beautiful counties.
"Unfortunately, over this very hot and pleasant weekend, a number of road users have lost their lives.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
"This tragic fact should be seen as a warning to all road users, particularly motorcyclists.
"We regret the loss of life and serious injury that has resulted over the past two days and we implore all road users to slow down and take more care.