Two men deny attempted murder of man stabbed in Ilfracombe park
- Credit: Archant
Two men have pleaded not guilty to the attempted murder of a 19-year-old who was stabbed during an alleged robbery in a park in North Devon.
Callum Pillman, 21, of Heathfield Road, East the Water, Bideford, and Shaun Taylor, aged 29, of Crosslands, Barnstaple, denied attempted murder and robbery when they appeared at Exeter Crown Court.
The men are accused of attacking and robbing Marcus Goold of a mobile phone at Bicclescombe Park, Ilfracombe, on the night of Saturday, January 23, this year.
They both appeared before Judge Peter Johnson, the Recorder of the City of Exeter, by video link from the city’s prison and were remanded in custody.
They will next appear at Exeter Crown Court for a case management hearing on April 22. A trial date has been set for August 2 this year.
You may also want to watch:
Police said at the time that the victim suffered life threatening injuries in the alleged stabbing.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Egg-ceptional packaging design from autistic Petroc student Brooke
- 9 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 Men admit Ilfracombe park stabbing