Two men bailed after man found unconscious
Police are still investigating how a man was found unconscious in a street in Bideford on Tuesday.
TWO men arrested after a man was found unconscious in a Bideford street have been released on police bail.
Paramedics treated the man in Silver Street at around 8.30pm on Tuesday and he was taken to North Devon District Hospital.
Police arrested two men aged 33 and 44 on suspicion of administering an illegal substance.
Detectives are making further enquiries to establish how the man was found.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “This is an isolated incident and we want to reassure the public that there is nothing to worry about.
“We want to stress that this is still early in the investigation and we are keeping an open mind as to what has happened.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
“We’re waiting to interview the two men in custody and we hope to speak to the man in hospital over the next few days.
If anyone has any information in connection with this incident call 101 and quote reference CD/12/1135 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.