Two men bailed after man found unconscious
Police are still investigating how a man was found unconscious in a street in Bideford on Tuesday.
TWO men arrested after a man was found unconscious in a Bideford street have been released on police bail.
Paramedics treated the man in Silver Street at around 8.30pm on Tuesday and he was taken to North Devon District Hospital.
Police arrested two men aged 33 and 44 on suspicion of administering an illegal substance.
Detectives are making further enquiries to establish how the man was found.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “This is an isolated incident and we want to reassure the public that there is nothing to worry about.
“We want to stress that this is still early in the investigation and we are keeping an open mind as to what has happened.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
“We’re waiting to interview the two men in custody and we hope to speak to the man in hospital over the next few days.
If anyone has any information in connection with this incident call 101 and quote reference CD/12/1135 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.