Two men bailed after man found unconscious
Police are still investigating how a man was found unconscious in a street in Bideford on Tuesday.
TWO men arrested after a man was found unconscious in a Bideford street have been released on police bail.
Paramedics treated the man in Silver Street at around 8.30pm on Tuesday and he was taken to North Devon District Hospital.
Police arrested two men aged 33 and 44 on suspicion of administering an illegal substance.
Detectives are making further enquiries to establish how the man was found.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “This is an isolated incident and we want to reassure the public that there is nothing to worry about.
“We want to stress that this is still early in the investigation and we are keeping an open mind as to what has happened.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon
“We’re waiting to interview the two men in custody and we hope to speak to the man in hospital over the next few days.
If anyone has any information in connection with this incident call 101 and quote reference CD/12/1135 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.