Two in court after Southfork burglary
- Credit: Archant
Bristol men charged with burglary after £3,400 in bikes allegedly taken from Braunton cycle shop.
TWO men have appeared in court after more than £3,000 worth of cycles were stolen from Southfork in Braunton.
At Exeter Magistrates Court on Thursday Jamie Shean, 37 and Lee Napierski, 29, both from Bristol, charged with two counts of burglary plus theft from a motor vehicle, while Shean was also charged with driving other than in accordance with a licence and without insurance.
The charges relate to an alleged incident at the Braunton cycle shop in the early hours of last Wednesday morning, when the shop was broken into and £3,400 in bikes stolen.
The second charge refers to the alleged theft of an estimated £1,800 in gardening machinery stolen from a property at Knowle, while the charge of theft from a motor vehicle also relates to an alleged incident at Knowle.
You may also want to watch:
Shean was remanded in custody, to reappear before Exeter Magistrates via video link tomorrow (Thursday). Napierski is to reappear before the court on June 6.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash