Two grand totals
The Barnstaple Committee of Macmillan Cancer Support held a one-day collection at Sainsbury’s on Saturday, January 26.
I’m delighted to report that the total amount collected was £930.52 – a significant sum which will help Macmillan assist those who are living with cancer.
Our very grateful thanks go to our collectors, members of the public who gave so generously on the day, and to the staff at customer services in Sainsbury’s, who as always give every assistance.
We also held a Carol Concert at Christ Church, Bear Street, on Friday, December 14, and raised £1,105.
We would like to thank everyone for coming along to this event, which was held in Barnstaple for the first time, and please note we will be doing so again this year!
You may also want to watch:
Our thanks to The Barnstaple Jubilee Singers, The Petrovian Orchestra, and organist Stuart Mair for performing for us and making the evening such a success.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
Barnstaple Macmillan Committee