Two free range egg plans hatched for North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Producers hoping to set up sites at Landkey and North Molton
Two separate applications for free range egg production units have been lodged with North Devon Council.
One is for Star Cross Farm at Landkey, the former North Devon Farm Park site, from Anthony and Alina Stankus, who wish to create a free range unit for 12,000 birds plus a vineyard.
The eggs would be produced for John Bowler’s Free Range Eggs.
The second application is at Whitcott Farm near North Molton.
You may also want to watch:
Applicant Matthew Brown is seeking to erect a building to contain 16,000 free range hens, to produce eggs under contract for Blackdown Enterprises Ltd.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody