Two detained after alleged break in at llfracombe hotel
One charged, one bailed following incident at Harleigh House Hotel on Friday.
TWO men have been arrested following an alleged burglary at an Ilfracombe hotel on Friday (April 27).
Police were called to Harleigh House Hotel in Wilder Road before 7am after someone living nearby called to say there were people inside the hotel, which is currently empty and up for sale.
Officers apprehended two men, both in the early 20s, one inside and another who was nearby.
The first was subsequently charged with burglary and the second is currently on bail.
You may also want to watch:
Ilfracombe police said a small amount of damage had been caused to the property.
Anyone who witnessed anything between 6-7am on Friday is asked to dial 101 and ask for DC Scotthorne at Barnstaple Police Station.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon