Two detained after alleged break in at llfracombe hotel
One charged, one bailed following incident at Harleigh House Hotel on Friday.
TWO men have been arrested following an alleged burglary at an Ilfracombe hotel on Friday (April 27).
Police were called to Harleigh House Hotel in Wilder Road before 7am after someone living nearby called to say there were people inside the hotel, which is currently empty and up for sale.
Officers apprehended two men, both in the early 20s, one inside and another who was nearby.
The first was subsequently charged with burglary and the second is currently on bail.
You may also want to watch:
Ilfracombe police said a small amount of damage had been caused to the property.
Anyone who witnessed anything between 6-7am on Friday is asked to dial 101 and ask for DC Scotthorne at Barnstaple Police Station.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council