Two collisions cause A361 and A39 delays
- Credit: Archant
NOW CLEAR: Crash closed one lane on A39 near Barnstaple while collision is reported on A361 near West Buckland.
Two collisions are causing major tailbacks on the A361 and A39 this afternoon (Friday).
An ambulance is currently attending the scene of a crash on the Barnstaple-bound carriageway of the A39 from Bideford.
The collision involved a blue Peugeot, a silver Peugeot and a blue Ford fiesta.
The passengers and drive of the silver Peugeot were taken to North Devon District Hospital, but police could not confirm the extent of their injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The Barnstaple-bound carriageway is now open.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
A second collision was reported on the A361 near West Buckland earlier today.
Devon and Cornwall Police’s traffic watch website reports the A361 is closed in both ways near Heddon West Buckley Road.
The Gazette contacted the police press office but they were unable to find any reported collisions in the area.
It is understood that collision was cleared at around 2pm.