Two chimney fires at thatched properties in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews attended two separate incidents at Chulmleigh and Welcombe yesterday.
THREE fire engines were called to a thatched property in Chulmleigh early yesterday evening (Thurs) to reports of a fire.
The chimney and the lintel above a wood burner were reported to be involved in the blaze and fire engines from Chulmleigh, Witheridge and South Molton attended at around 6pm.
The timber beam was heavily involved in the blaze and crews used small tools to cut it away, as well as a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.
In a separate incident at 7.15pm, fire crews from Hartland and Bude were called to reports of a chimney fire at a pub in Welcombe.
The pub had a thatched roof and crews extinguished the fire using chimney rods and small tools.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple