Two chimney fires at thatched properties in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews attended two separate incidents at Chulmleigh and Welcombe yesterday.
THREE fire engines were called to a thatched property in Chulmleigh early yesterday evening (Thurs) to reports of a fire.
The chimney and the lintel above a wood burner were reported to be involved in the blaze and fire engines from Chulmleigh, Witheridge and South Molton attended at around 6pm.
The timber beam was heavily involved in the blaze and crews used small tools to cut it away, as well as a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.
In a separate incident at 7.15pm, fire crews from Hartland and Bude were called to reports of a chimney fire at a pub in Welcombe.
You may also want to watch:
The pub had a thatched roof and crews extinguished the fire using chimney rods and small tools.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford