Two chimney fires at thatched properties in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews attended two separate incidents at Chulmleigh and Welcombe yesterday.
THREE fire engines were called to a thatched property in Chulmleigh early yesterday evening (Thurs) to reports of a fire.
The chimney and the lintel above a wood burner were reported to be involved in the blaze and fire engines from Chulmleigh, Witheridge and South Molton attended at around 6pm.
The timber beam was heavily involved in the blaze and crews used small tools to cut it away, as well as a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.
In a separate incident at 7.15pm, fire crews from Hartland and Bude were called to reports of a chimney fire at a pub in Welcombe.
You may also want to watch:
The pub had a thatched roof and crews extinguished the fire using chimney rods and small tools.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple