Two car collision closes Barnstaple road
- Credit: Archant
Collision on A39 outside TA Centre causes road closures in the town centre.
POLICE have closed the A39 between Bear Street and Alexandra Road after a collision involving two cars this morning (Mon).
The collision between a black Vauxhall Corsa and a blue Peugeot 307, both registered to Barnstaple, happened near the TA Centre roundabout just before 12 noon.
A woman is being treated by paramedics at the scene for minor leg injuries and eyewitnesses said the collision looked like it had been head on.
On Twitter, @Taxi_Anne said: “Alexandra Road closed from Bear St traffic lights to TA Centre #Barnstaple following accident. Blue car being recovered at scene. #NDevon.”
You may also want to watch:
Eastbound traffic is being directed up Bear Street by officers on the scene.
Police said the road remains closed. Check back for more as we have it.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 8 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel