Two car collision closes Barnstaple road
- Credit: Archant
Collision on A39 outside TA Centre causes road closures in the town centre.
POLICE have closed the A39 between Bear Street and Alexandra Road after a collision involving two cars this morning (Mon).
The collision between a black Vauxhall Corsa and a blue Peugeot 307, both registered to Barnstaple, happened near the TA Centre roundabout just before 12 noon.
A woman is being treated by paramedics at the scene for minor leg injuries and eyewitnesses said the collision looked like it had been head on.
On Twitter, @Taxi_Anne said: “Alexandra Road closed from Bear St traffic lights to TA Centre #Barnstaple following accident. Blue car being recovered at scene. #NDevon.”
You may also want to watch:
Eastbound traffic is being directed up Bear Street by officers on the scene.
Police said the road remains closed. Check back for more as we have it.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern