Two car collision at ‘Barnhenge’ causes tailbacks
Traffic heavy as two cars collide and take out a set of traffic lights.
A TWO CAR collision at the ‘Barnhenge’ roundabout has caused tailbacks this afternoon (Fri).
The collision occurred around 12.15pm between a silver and a gold Vauxhall astra.
A set of traffic lights were ‘demolished’ during the incident, police said.
Officers are at the scene currently awaiting recovery of the vehicles and delays should be expected.
You may also want to watch:
The incident occurred while traffic lights had failed on the roundabout for the second time in 24 hours.
The lights had been out for much of Thursday and caused huge traffic queues during rush hour.
- 1 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 2 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 6 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
Despite an engineer fixing the problem, the lights failed again early Friday morning.