Two car collision at ‘Barnhenge’ causes tailbacks
Traffic heavy as two cars collide and take out a set of traffic lights.
A TWO CAR collision at the ‘Barnhenge’ roundabout has caused tailbacks this afternoon (Fri).
The collision occurred around 12.15pm between a silver and a gold Vauxhall astra.
A set of traffic lights were ‘demolished’ during the incident, police said.
Officers are at the scene currently awaiting recovery of the vehicles and delays should be expected.
You may also want to watch:
The incident occurred while traffic lights had failed on the roundabout for the second time in 24 hours.
The lights had been out for much of Thursday and caused huge traffic queues during rush hour.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
Despite an engineer fixing the problem, the lights failed again early Friday morning.