TV star will crown May Day royalty
Northam Rectory Gardens will be filled with old-fashioned May fun.
A DAY of old-fashioned village fun will take place this May Day bank holiday weekend with a guest appearance from one of the region’s celebrities.
Merlin, of Britain’s Got Talent fame, will be crowning the May King and Queen at the Rectory Garden in Northam on Saturday.
From 10am, the garden will play host to traction engines, vintage steam launches, fairground rides and refreshments.
The children of St George’s School will also be maypole dancing and singing shanties, and a model railway display will be on show in Northam Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will be put towards a proposed new car park behind the community centre. Entry is free and free car parking is available in the Bonehill car park next to the church.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon