TV star will crown May Day royalty
Northam Rectory Gardens will be filled with old-fashioned May fun.
A DAY of old-fashioned village fun will take place this May Day bank holiday weekend with a guest appearance from one of the region’s celebrities.
Merlin, of Britain’s Got Talent fame, will be crowning the May King and Queen at the Rectory Garden in Northam on Saturday.
From 10am, the garden will play host to traction engines, vintage steam launches, fairground rides and refreshments.
The children of St George’s School will also be maypole dancing and singing shanties, and a model railway display will be on show in Northam Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will be put towards a proposed new car park behind the community centre. Entry is free and free car parking is available in the Bonehill car park next to the church.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021