TV star will crown May Day royalty
Northam Rectory Gardens will be filled with old-fashioned May fun.
A DAY of old-fashioned village fun will take place this May Day bank holiday weekend with a guest appearance from one of the region’s celebrities.
Merlin, of Britain’s Got Talent fame, will be crowning the May King and Queen at the Rectory Garden in Northam on Saturday.
From 10am, the garden will play host to traction engines, vintage steam launches, fairground rides and refreshments.
The children of St George’s School will also be maypole dancing and singing shanties, and a model railway display will be on show in Northam Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
All money raised will be put towards a proposed new car park behind the community centre. Entry is free and free car parking is available in the Bonehill car park next to the church.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home