TV show date for local historian
Historian’s research on family history will appear on our screens in the autumn.
A LOCAL historian who spoke at a national family history event this weekend will be appearing on a popular television show in the autumn.
Dr Janet Few, from Buckland Brewer, visited the Who Do You Think You Are? family history event at London’s Olympia as part of the Devon Family History Society band.
At the event, Dr Few delivered a speech called Harnessing the Facebook Generation, about getting young people involved in family history.
The Olympia event was an offshoot of the popular BBC television series that helps celebrities find out their family history.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Few, who works at Torrington’s 1646 attraction, said: “I have also just finished some research work for the new series of the television show which was very exciting.
“I had a lovely celebrity, though I am sworn to secrecy until the line-up is announced by the BBC later this year.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
Dr Few attended the event with Chris Braund, chairman of the Braund Society, a group dedicated to bringing together Braund family-members across Devon.
Dr Few said: “What makes our group unique is that a third of our committee is under 35; it’s so nice to see young people wanting to learn about their family history.”