TV celebrities catch crabs in Appledore
Rory McGrath and Will Mellor try their hands at crabbing for a new television series airing this winter.
TWO FAMOUS faces popped up at Appledore and Instow Regatta’s World Crabbing Championships on Wednesday.
Rory McGrath and Will Mellor took part in the competition while filming for new Channel Five show, Rory and Will, Champions of the World.
The duo joined previous champions the Floyd Team and the Trapnell Team, but did not have much luck with Will catching just nine crabs and Rory three.
The winning team, the Pile family, who named themselves the ‘Outrageous PLG’, scooped first place after catching a grand total of 66 crabs.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Reveley, Honorary Secretary of the Appledore and Instow Regatta, said it was the busiest championship in years.
He said: “We had a total of 536 crabs that we counted caught by 121 different teams.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
“I have never seen anything like it, it was so busy, and all the local shops have done very well from it too.
“Rory and Will spent a lot of time in the village and were filming for a new show that will be shown in the winter.
“The weather in the morning was atrocious but the sun came out and it was a really great day.”