TV celebrities catch crabs in Appledore
Rory McGrath and Will Mellor try their hands at crabbing for a new television series airing this winter.
TWO FAMOUS faces popped up at Appledore and Instow Regatta’s World Crabbing Championships on Wednesday.
Rory McGrath and Will Mellor took part in the competition while filming for new Channel Five show, Rory and Will, Champions of the World.
The duo joined previous champions the Floyd Team and the Trapnell Team, but did not have much luck with Will catching just nine crabs and Rory three.
The winning team, the Pile family, who named themselves the ‘Outrageous PLG’, scooped first place after catching a grand total of 66 crabs.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Reveley, Honorary Secretary of the Appledore and Instow Regatta, said it was the busiest championship in years.
He said: “We had a total of 536 crabs that we counted caught by 121 different teams.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
“I have never seen anything like it, it was so busy, and all the local shops have done very well from it too.
“Rory and Will spent a lot of time in the village and were filming for a new show that will be shown in the winter.
“The weather in the morning was atrocious but the sun came out and it was a really great day.”