Turbines look great
I read in total disbelief the letter from Nicky Penfold (“Turning off tourists”, Opinion, November 7) expressing the view that tourists would be turned off visiting the area because of the “large unsightly turbines”.
What planet is the writer on, for goodness’ sake?
Visiting Germany some years ago I was surprised to see hundreds of these turbines whirling around generating power.
I found them great to look at and commented to my host that I looked forward to the day the UK followed suit.
Perhaps they should have coloured lights on the ends of the turbines blades so they would give a display of colour in the dark...
You may also want to watch:
Only joking. (Or am I?)
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail