Turbines look great
I read in total disbelief the letter from Nicky Penfold (“Turning off tourists”, Opinion, November 7) expressing the view that tourists would be turned off visiting the area because of the “large unsightly turbines”.
What planet is the writer on, for goodness’ sake?
Visiting Germany some years ago I was surprised to see hundreds of these turbines whirling around generating power.
I found them great to look at and commented to my host that I looked forward to the day the UK followed suit.
Perhaps they should have coloured lights on the ends of the turbines blades so they would give a display of colour in the dark...
You may also want to watch:
Only joking. (Or am I?)
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up