Turbine opponents host village hall meet
- Credit: Archant
Guest speakers will outline wind energy ‘issues’
WIND turbine opponents are holding an open meeting at Alverdiscott Village Hall on Friday night.
A series of guest speakers have been lined up to outline locally pending wind farm applications and answer questions about how the developments might affect residents.
Doors open at 6.30pm and discussion – with UKIP chairman and spokesperson for campaign group Slay the Array Steve Crowther; energy consultant Dr Phillip Bratby; and chairman of the Torridge branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) Penny Mills – starts at 7pm.
Admission is free and the presentations will be followed by a question and answer session.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, email No2turbines@hotmail.co.uk
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned