Turbine opponents host village hall meet
- Credit: Archant
Guest speakers will outline wind energy ‘issues’
WIND turbine opponents are holding an open meeting at Alverdiscott Village Hall on Friday night.
A series of guest speakers have been lined up to outline locally pending wind farm applications and answer questions about how the developments might affect residents.
Doors open at 6.30pm and discussion – with UKIP chairman and spokesperson for campaign group Slay the Array Steve Crowther; energy consultant Dr Phillip Bratby; and chairman of the Torridge branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) Penny Mills – starts at 7pm.
Admission is free and the presentations will be followed by a question and answer session.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, email No2turbines@hotmail.co.uk
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub