Tumble dryer on fire in Bishops Tawton

Fire engine

Fire engine - Credit: Archant

Two fire engines were called out to the house in Park Villas today (Mon).

TWO fire engines were scrambled to reports of a tumble dryer on fire at a house in Park Villas in Bishops Tawton at lunchtime today (Mon).

On arrival at around 12.15pm, fire fighters found the fire in the utility room of the property and set to work using hose reel jets and wearing breathing apparatus.

Once the fire was extinguished crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the building and the adjacent property.

The cause of the fire was deemed to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus