Fire fighters called out to Ilfracombe home after reports of a tumble dryer on fire.

Fire fighters were called out to Apsley Terrace in Ilfracombe yesterday (Wednesday) to reports of a tumble dryer on fire.

Two fire engines arrived at the scene just after 2.30pm to find the fire in the basement of a property.

The basement, which had a false ceiling, suffered 25 per cent damage from heat and smoke.

Fire fighters extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet, one safety jet, two breathing apparatus and small tools.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

For more North Devon stories visit our news feed here.