TSB Barnstaple makes North Devon Hospice its chosen charity
- Credit: Archant
Joy Street branch pledges to match fund everything staff raise this year for the charity.
HOME COOKED goodies were an added bonus for customers of one Barnstaple bank this week, as staff from TSB held a cake sale in aid of North Devon Hospice.
The branch has chosen the hospice to be its charity of the year and this event was the first of many that will take place in the next 12 months.
Mark Sargent is manager of the Joy Street branch, and said he was delighted to be supporting such a vital local charity: “As a local bank, TSB’s sole purpose is to help the communities that surround us, so we are delighted to support North Devon Hospice for those affected by a life-limiting illness,” he said.
“We are really pleased with the success of the TSB cake sale, it was a fantastic start to our fundraising. The team have all worked hard putting in a lot of time and dedication to raise money.”
You may also want to watch:
The sale raised £162 and was match-funded by TSB – as will everything raised this year - bringing the total donation to £324.
Companies that would like to discuss charity of the year partnerships can call Ali Hunt at the hospice on 01271 347206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub