TSB Barnstaple makes North Devon Hospice its chosen charity
- Credit: Archant
Joy Street branch pledges to match fund everything staff raise this year for the charity.
HOME COOKED goodies were an added bonus for customers of one Barnstaple bank this week, as staff from TSB held a cake sale in aid of North Devon Hospice.
The branch has chosen the hospice to be its charity of the year and this event was the first of many that will take place in the next 12 months.
Mark Sargent is manager of the Joy Street branch, and said he was delighted to be supporting such a vital local charity: “As a local bank, TSB’s sole purpose is to help the communities that surround us, so we are delighted to support North Devon Hospice for those affected by a life-limiting illness,” he said.
“We are really pleased with the success of the TSB cake sale, it was a fantastic start to our fundraising. The team have all worked hard putting in a lot of time and dedication to raise money.”
You may also want to watch:
The sale raised £162 and was match-funded by TSB – as will everything raised this year - bringing the total donation to £324.
Companies that would like to discuss charity of the year partnerships can call Ali Hunt at the hospice on 01271 347206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern