Trust remains 'ultra vigilant' following norovirus outbreak
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare Trust says it is continuing to be ultra-vigilant in light of the recent norovirus outbreak. Two bays on one ward at North Devon District Hospital (NDDH) in Barnstaple, and one bay at South Molton Hospital, remain closed to pati
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare Trust says it is continuing to be "ultra-vigilant" in light of the recent norovirus outbreak.
Two bays on one ward at North Devon District Hospital (NDDH) in Barnstaple, and one bay at South Molton Hospital, remain closed to patients following an outbreak of the highly contagious diarrhoea and vomiting bug. Around 50 operations have been postponed.
The medical assessment unit at NDDH re-opened to patients on Saturday after being closed for the week, while Holsworthy Hospital and Tyrell Hospital in Ilfracombe, which had also been affected by suspected cases, both re-opened on Friday.
As the Trust continues to manage the outbreak, patients with less serious conditions are being are being urged to use minor injury units at community hospitals rather than the Barnstaple A&E department.
You may also want to watch:
Hospital visitors who have had, or have been in contact with someone who has had, diarrhoea or vomiting in the previous 48 hours are being asked to stay away.
Yesterday (Tuesday), the Trust's chief executive, Jac Kelly, praised hospital staff for their fast and effective management of the outbreak.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton