Trust in God
SIR - May I reply to the letter entitled “Dark Forces” in the Gazette of January 11?
Of course, anyone is free to disagree or agree on this matter, but this was not my point, which is that there is a move to do away with the reality of God and as a result of this, mankind is suffering and will do so more and more.
In Old Testament days, the Israelites were warned by God of the terrible consequences of rejecting Him. Their sufferings were often severe!
I said something in my letter of “dark forces,” but behind the things which Mr Winkworth rightly says are both symptomatic and causal, are more fundamental symptoms and primary causes - namely, our departure from God.
A dislike of a literal belief in God is a present symptom, but unfounded, seeing that God Himself entered this world as a baby, in Jesus Christ, to be its Saviour from its sins.
You may also want to watch:
Our condition both in the past and today, clearly shows the need of salvation which only God can provide, for “there is none righteous, no not one” - Romans, chapter 3 verse 10.
Be it police, magistrates, drug users, Christians or whatever, we all need to realise that “we shall all stand before the judgement seat of Christ... every one of us shall give account of himself to God” - Romans chapter 14 verses 10, 12.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
Finally, no man, even no Christian leader, however “great” he might be, can actually “rebuild the moral fabric of our society.” The most and best that may be done or has been done, by any human being, is to obey the Word of God and trust Him for salvation and seek in His strength to live “soberly, righteously and godly in this present world,” Titus chapter 2 verse 12.
Pastor, Town Mission,