Trust in God
SIR - May I reply to the letter entitled “Dark Forces” in the Gazette of January 11?
Of course, anyone is free to disagree or agree on this matter, but this was not my point, which is that there is a move to do away with the reality of God and as a result of this, mankind is suffering and will do so more and more.
In Old Testament days, the Israelites were warned by God of the terrible consequences of rejecting Him. Their sufferings were often severe!
I said something in my letter of “dark forces,” but behind the things which Mr Winkworth rightly says are both symptomatic and causal, are more fundamental symptoms and primary causes - namely, our departure from God.
A dislike of a literal belief in God is a present symptom, but unfounded, seeing that God Himself entered this world as a baby, in Jesus Christ, to be its Saviour from its sins.
You may also want to watch:
Our condition both in the past and today, clearly shows the need of salvation which only God can provide, for “there is none righteous, no not one” - Romans, chapter 3 verse 10.
Be it police, magistrates, drug users, Christians or whatever, we all need to realise that “we shall all stand before the judgement seat of Christ... every one of us shall give account of himself to God” - Romans chapter 14 verses 10, 12.
- 1 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
Finally, no man, even no Christian leader, however “great” he might be, can actually “rebuild the moral fabric of our society.” The most and best that may be done or has been done, by any human being, is to obey the Word of God and trust Him for salvation and seek in His strength to live “soberly, righteously and godly in this present world,” Titus chapter 2 verse 12.
Pastor, Town Mission,