Trust appoints new director of nursing
- Credit: Archant
Former Derriford man takes up new post at North Devon District Hospital.
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare NHS Trust has appointed a new director of nursing.
Kevin Marsh was deputy director of nursing at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth from July 2006.
He had previously held the roles of senior nurse manager (general surgery), head of nursing surgical services and acting chief nurse at Plymouth.
Kevin, who joined the Trust as interim director of nursing in March this year, said: “I have met many great people in my short time here and am keen to build on the excellent work of the team to provide safe, high-quality care and support for patients and their families.
You may also want to watch:
“The Trust is unique in its integration of acute and community health and social care services across half of Devon, and this presents lots of exciting opportunities, as well as challenges, in nursing.”
Trust chairman Roger French said: “Kevin has fitted seamlessly into the ethos and culture of the organisation and has already demonstrated his compassion, professionalism and determination to maintain the momentum we have established for delivering safe and effective healthcare for our patients.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
Kevin replaces Carolyn Mills, who took up the role of chief nurse with University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust.