Trust appoints new director of nursing
- Credit: Archant
Former Derriford man takes up new post at North Devon District Hospital.
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare NHS Trust has appointed a new director of nursing.
Kevin Marsh was deputy director of nursing at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth from July 2006.
He had previously held the roles of senior nurse manager (general surgery), head of nursing surgical services and acting chief nurse at Plymouth.
Kevin, who joined the Trust as interim director of nursing in March this year, said: “I have met many great people in my short time here and am keen to build on the excellent work of the team to provide safe, high-quality care and support for patients and their families.
You may also want to watch:
“The Trust is unique in its integration of acute and community health and social care services across half of Devon, and this presents lots of exciting opportunities, as well as challenges, in nursing.”
Trust chairman Roger French said: “Kevin has fitted seamlessly into the ethos and culture of the organisation and has already demonstrated his compassion, professionalism and determination to maintain the momentum we have established for delivering safe and effective healthcare for our patients.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
Kevin replaces Carolyn Mills, who took up the role of chief nurse with University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust.