Trick or treat children were well behaved
SIR - As a lady of a certain age with no children,I have in the past been a little derogotary to the youth of today . And after a lot of negativity regarding trick or treating, I felt I really should write in support of our local children. We did dress u
SIR - As a lady of a certain age with no children,I have in the past been a little derogotary to "the youth of today".
And after a lot of negativity regarding trick or treating, I felt I really should write in support of our local children.
We did dress up this year on October 31 and we did buy a tub of "penny sweets".
And I would like to say what a fun evening we had. Lots of children ages from three to 18ish knocked very politely at our door, had some chat and jokes, wished us a happy evening, admired our outfits (as we admired theirs),and the last knock on the door at 8.30 prompt.
My husband did unfortunately make one pretty little girl called Alysha cry (he has thrown that devil mask away Alysha), but we really enjoyed the evening.
So a big well done to the children and young people of Chulmleigh. Take a bow. We look forward to next year. Let us oldies not turn into a nation of grumpy old things and be a bit more open minded.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 6 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 7 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 8 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Barnstaple shop volunteer Jo wins Flame of Hope Award
Vivi-Anna Price, Chulmleigh.