Trick or treat children were well behaved
SIR - As a lady of a certain age with no children,I have in the past been a little derogotary to the youth of today . And after a lot of negativity regarding trick or treating, I felt I really should write in support of our local children. We did dress u
SIR - As a lady of a certain age with no children,I have in the past been a little derogotary to "the youth of today".
And after a lot of negativity regarding trick or treating, I felt I really should write in support of our local children.
We did dress up this year on October 31 and we did buy a tub of "penny sweets".
And I would like to say what a fun evening we had. Lots of children ages from three to 18ish knocked very politely at our door, had some chat and jokes, wished us a happy evening, admired our outfits (as we admired theirs),and the last knock on the door at 8.30 prompt.
You may also want to watch:
My husband did unfortunately make one pretty little girl called Alysha cry (he has thrown that devil mask away Alysha), but we really enjoyed the evening.
So a big well done to the children and young people of Chulmleigh. Take a bow. We look forward to next year. Let us oldies not turn into a nation of grumpy old things and be a bit more open minded.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Vivi-Anna Price, Chulmleigh.