Trick or treat children were well behaved
SIR - As a lady of a certain age with no children,I have in the past been a little derogotary to the youth of today . And after a lot of negativity regarding trick or treating, I felt I really should write in support of our local children. We did dress u
SIR - As a lady of a certain age with no children,I have in the past been a little derogotary to "the youth of today".
And after a lot of negativity regarding trick or treating, I felt I really should write in support of our local children.
We did dress up this year on October 31 and we did buy a tub of "penny sweets".
And I would like to say what a fun evening we had. Lots of children ages from three to 18ish knocked very politely at our door, had some chat and jokes, wished us a happy evening, admired our outfits (as we admired theirs),and the last knock on the door at 8.30 prompt.
You may also want to watch:
My husband did unfortunately make one pretty little girl called Alysha cry (he has thrown that devil mask away Alysha), but we really enjoyed the evening.
So a big well done to the children and young people of Chulmleigh. Take a bow. We look forward to next year. Let us oldies not turn into a nation of grumpy old things and be a bit more open minded.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
Vivi-Anna Price, Chulmleigh.