Tributes to popular Torrington teenager
TRIBUTES have been pouring in to the Facebook social website and in floral form by the roadside near Torrington for popular teenager Daylin Brown, who died in a road accident there on Friday afternoon. Daylin, 16, was driving a Land Rover when the acciden
TRIBUTES have been pouring in to the Facebook social website and in floral form by the roadside near Torrington for popular teenager Daylin Brown, who died in a road accident there on Friday afternoon.
Daylin, 16, was driving a Land Rover when the accident happened at around 4pm and he was pronounced dead at the scene. It is not believed any other vehicle was involved.
Over the weekend more than 1,200 tributes were posted on the Facebook site, bearing testimony to a much-loved young man with many friends throughout the area.
Tributes include: "Every step we take, every move we make, every single day, every time we pray, we'll be missing you"....."Daylin was 1 of the most liked people in town"...." Whilst on earth he brought happiness and laughter. Who better to watch over us all and bring us sunshine. Taken far too soon"..... "One in a million".... "Torrington won't be the same without you." And many more.
You may also want to watch:
Many people also travelled to the crash site near Coombe Farm between Foxes Cross and Torrington, where a large number of floral tributes and messages have been left.
Vicar of Torrington, the Rev Jeremy Hummerstone said prayers for the family in the parish church on Sunday.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 5 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
A former pupil at Great Torrington School, Daylin worked for local business K J Plant and played football for Torrington FC.
You were always a pleasure to be around, you always lit up the classroom.
One in a million, we will miss you Daylin. Love Neil, Emma, Ellie and Sam Kinsella xxx