Tributes to police officer found dead at home between Torrington and Holsworthy
- Credit: Archant
The serving officer has been formally identified as DI Jason Palmer, of Devon and Cornwall Police.
TRIBUTES have been made to a police officer who was found dead at his home between Holsworthy and Torrington on Saturday.
Detective Inspector Jason Palmer, 42, was discovered after concern was expressed for his welfare.
Detective Superintendent Keith Perkin, of Devon and Cornwall Police, paid tribute to his colleague.
He said: “The untimely death of Jason is first and foremost a tragic loss to his family and our most heartfelt sympathies go out to them.
You may also want to watch:
“We will do all that we can to support them through this very difficult time.
“The loss of an experienced, very skilled and respected senior detective will also be felt hard by his colleagues at Devon and Cornwall Police.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
“Jason has worked in areas where his investigative experience has been most valuable; our major crime team, public protection unit and most recently as a detective inspector in Plymouth.
“He was making a real difference and was passionate about making Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly safer.
“There have been many personal reflections from those that worked with Jason both within the organisation and partners. He will be sorely missed.”
His family released a statement say they are devastated by the loss and asked for privacy to allow them time to grieve.
There is not thought to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding DI Palmer’s death and a file has been prepared for coroner.