Tributes to former Torridge councillor
Following the death of Tim Langdon, friends pay tribute to a ‘real Bidefordian’.
TRIBUTES have been paid to a former Torridge District Councillor who has died.
Tim Langdon was elected to the council in 1987 where he served as a councillor for a full term.
Northam councillor Jane Whittaker knew him well, and said: “I’ve known Tim most of my life, his family used to run the Rose of Torridge.
“He was a local businessman and was passionate about all things Bideford.
You may also want to watch:
“A real Bidefordian who took a great interest in local politics as well.”
Tony Nicholls, Torridge licensing manager, described Mr Langdon as “a friend with a great sense of humour. He always had time for a chat.”
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
Council leader Barry Parsons said: “My sympathies and condolences, and those of Torridge District Council, go out to his family and friends at this time.”
The funeral will take place on tomorrow (Tues, October, 30) at 2.15 at St Mary’s Church in Bideford.