Tributes to former Torridge councillor
Following the death of Tim Langdon, friends pay tribute to a ‘real Bidefordian’.
TRIBUTES have been paid to a former Torridge District Councillor who has died.
Tim Langdon was elected to the council in 1987 where he served as a councillor for a full term.
Northam councillor Jane Whittaker knew him well, and said: “I’ve known Tim most of my life, his family used to run the Rose of Torridge.
“He was a local businessman and was passionate about all things Bideford.
You may also want to watch:
“A real Bidefordian who took a great interest in local politics as well.”
Tony Nicholls, Torridge licensing manager, described Mr Langdon as “a friend with a great sense of humour. He always had time for a chat.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Council leader Barry Parsons said: “My sympathies and condolences, and those of Torridge District Council, go out to his family and friends at this time.”
The funeral will take place on tomorrow (Tues, October, 30) at 2.15 at St Mary’s Church in Bideford.