Tributes pour in for Instow crash victim
Friends remember fond times with ‘inspirational’ Gregory, 20.
A YOUNG man fatally injured in a car crash near Instow has been named locally as Gregory Matthews.
Although not yet officially named by police, tributes have been pouring in for the 20-year-old Barnstaple lad on social networking site Facebook.
The incident involving a blue MG car happened on the B3233 near Tapeley Park, at around 2am.
Mr Matthews is believed to have been the driver of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Shocked friends have left a number of glowing tributes on his Facebook page within the last few hours.
Lauren Tithecott wrote: “Once again God has taken one of the most beautiful, happiest, funniest and most outgoing people. You will never be forgotten.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
Hayleigh Samantha Johnson-Gates wrote: “Rest in peace Greg, you will be sadly missed. As soon as I heard the sad news I just remembered all the good times at school. It’s not fair; you’ve been taken too soon. Now you’re flying with the angels watching over everyone you love. Sleep tight.”
Sophie Jones wrote: “I suppose God’s taken one of best because he clearly needed you.”
Sarah Elsom wrote: “Such an inspiring guy. We have only known you a year and a half but you have inspired so many lads at The Noise (Street Dance Crew) with your amazing Street Dancing at Unlimited Dance Company. The lads will miss your dearly and we will miss you so much. You always made us laugh and we have so many happy memories of you.”
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended the scene and the road remains closed to enable investigators to establish the cause of the collision.
Police have warned that the road is likely to stay closed for much of the day due to damage caused to a nearby bridge.