Tributes paid to North Molton crash victims
Martyn Windsor and Paul Bovey were killed after their car plunged into a swollen river on October 12.
THE FAMILIES of two young men killed in a collision near North Molton have paid tribute to them.
Paul Bovey, 24, from South Molton and his friend Martyn Windsor, 25, who had moved to the town just four weeks ago, died when their Peugeot 106 plunged into the flooded River Mole.
A statement issued by Paul’s family said: “A big hole in our lives which will never be filled, miss you forever until we meet again.
“Loving and devoted son of Jackie, Keith and Tony, brother to Ben, Matt, Zoe, Kelsy and a brilliant uncle to Aidan and Rupert.”
You may also want to watch:
His friend Martyn, originally from Brixham, had been living with Paul.
The two friends had been talking about saving up to go to Australia next year.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
Martyn’s mother, Sharon, said: “Mart was just so lovely. He was a big 6ft 4in tall lad who was always the joker.
“The two things that everyone says is that he always made them smile, and that he was always there when you needed help.
“He was very caring and very protective over me and his sister, who he lived with for a while and they were very close.
“He loved his cars. Every car he had was his pride and joy and he was always saving up for his Aston Martin.
“The good thing about Mart was that he was never out of work and was always independent.
“I have only just found out that Mart had a second job, after moving up to North Devon.”
The unclassified road was closed from the junction at the A361 North Devon Link Road for much of the day following the collision as investigations took place.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the Peugeot travelling from the Exmoor direction toward North Molton or South Molton during the late evening of Thursday, October 11 or early hours of Friday, October 12.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting log number 148 of 12/10/12.