Tributes paid to ‘inspirational’ Katy
Popular fitness instructor dies during night out in Bideford
TRIBUTES have been paid to a fitness instructor who has died after being found collapsed in a Bideford pub toilet on Saturday night.
Katy Stirland, 28, from Westward Ho!, has been described as an “inspiration” to the many people she helped at the Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Clubs she ran in Barnstaple, Bideford, Westward Ho!, Fremington and Torrington.
On her Facebook page, friends said her sunshine and laughter would be “truly missed”.
Other tributes read: “The most joyous person I ever met.”
You may also want to watch:
“So shocked that someone so healthy and lovely can be taken away at such a young age. RIP Katy xxxx.”
“Katy you were fabulous and gorgeous. You touched so many xxxx.”
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
“Such a tragic end to a wonderful lady who brought so much to the world. I am so shocked. My love goes out to your husband and family x RIP Katy x.”
“You’ll be sadly missed, loving thoughts to your husband and family x Rip hunny ur with the angels now xxxx.”
“Taken far too early, my thoughts are with your family, rip x.”
Katy, a former Pilton Community College student, was found collapsed in Crabby Dicks in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police were called to the Cooper Street pub at 2.40am and Katy was taken by ambulance to North Devon District Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious. They are carrying out an investigation into the circumstances surrounding her death and will be liaising with the coroner.
Immediate next of kin have been informed of her death.