Tributes paid to ‘inspirational’ Katy
Popular fitness instructor dies during night out in Bideford
TRIBUTES have been paid to a fitness instructor who has died after being found collapsed in a Bideford pub toilet on Saturday night.
Katy Stirland, 28, from Westward Ho!, has been described as an “inspiration” to the many people she helped at the Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Clubs she ran in Barnstaple, Bideford, Westward Ho!, Fremington and Torrington.
On her Facebook page, friends said her sunshine and laughter would be “truly missed”.
Other tributes read: “The most joyous person I ever met.”
You may also want to watch:
“So shocked that someone so healthy and lovely can be taken away at such a young age. RIP Katy xxxx.”
“Katy you were fabulous and gorgeous. You touched so many xxxx.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
“Such a tragic end to a wonderful lady who brought so much to the world. I am so shocked. My love goes out to your husband and family x RIP Katy x.”
“You’ll be sadly missed, loving thoughts to your husband and family x Rip hunny ur with the angels now xxxx.”
“Taken far too early, my thoughts are with your family, rip x.”
Katy, a former Pilton Community College student, was found collapsed in Crabby Dicks in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police were called to the Cooper Street pub at 2.40am and Katy was taken by ambulance to North Devon District Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious. They are carrying out an investigation into the circumstances surrounding her death and will be liaising with the coroner.
Immediate next of kin have been informed of her death.