Tribute to grandfather killed in motorcycle crash
The family of a Lynton motorcyclist who died in a collision on Wednesday have released a tribute to the grandfather of two.
The family of a motorcyclist killed in a crash on Wednesday has released a tribute to the grandfather of two.
Peter Owers, 71, from Lynton, died as a result of his injuries when his motorcycle collided with another at Rose Ash, near South Molton.
A police spokesman said: “Peter is from Lynton, a small community in North Devon. He leaves behind his wife, two children and two grandchildren.
“Heartfelt love and wishes go to the family and friends involved and connected to this tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
“Peter’s family would like to thank the emergency services, the other riders and witnesses that stopped and attended to the riders at the scene.
“With thanks also to the local community and services of the family liaison officers who’ve been a great support to Peter’s wife & family at this difficult and painful time.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
The other motorcyclist killed in the collision was named as Graham Davey, 68, from Newton Abbot.