Tribute to grandfather killed in motorcycle crash
The family of a Lynton motorcyclist who died in a collision on Wednesday have released a tribute to the grandfather of two.
The family of a motorcyclist killed in a crash on Wednesday has released a tribute to the grandfather of two.
Peter Owers, 71, from Lynton, died as a result of his injuries when his motorcycle collided with another at Rose Ash, near South Molton.
A police spokesman said: “Peter is from Lynton, a small community in North Devon. He leaves behind his wife, two children and two grandchildren.
“Heartfelt love and wishes go to the family and friends involved and connected to this tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
“Peter’s family would like to thank the emergency services, the other riders and witnesses that stopped and attended to the riders at the scene.
“With thanks also to the local community and services of the family liaison officers who’ve been a great support to Peter’s wife & family at this difficult and painful time.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
The other motorcyclist killed in the collision was named as Graham Davey, 68, from Newton Abbot.