Tribute to grandfather killed in motorcycle crash
The family of a Lynton motorcyclist who died in a collision on Wednesday have released a tribute to the grandfather of two.
The family of a motorcyclist killed in a crash on Wednesday has released a tribute to the grandfather of two.
Peter Owers, 71, from Lynton, died as a result of his injuries when his motorcycle collided with another at Rose Ash, near South Molton.
A police spokesman said: “Peter is from Lynton, a small community in North Devon. He leaves behind his wife, two children and two grandchildren.
“Heartfelt love and wishes go to the family and friends involved and connected to this tragedy.
“Peter’s family would like to thank the emergency services, the other riders and witnesses that stopped and attended to the riders at the scene.
“With thanks also to the local community and services of the family liaison officers who’ve been a great support to Peter’s wife & family at this difficult and painful time.”
- 1 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 2 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 5 MP welcomes £75million boost to UK fishing industry
- 6 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 7 MP welcomes Sunak visit saying: 'More going on than just in Westminster bubble'
- 8 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 9 Man left with broken jaw and nose after Braunton assault
- 10 Businesses offered new cash aid in latest pandemic battle
The other motorcyclist killed in the collision was named as Graham Davey, 68, from Newton Abbot.