Tribute to grandfather killed in motorcycle crash
The family of a Lynton motorcyclist who died in a collision on Wednesday have released a tribute to the grandfather of two.
The family of a motorcyclist killed in a crash on Wednesday has released a tribute to the grandfather of two.
Peter Owers, 71, from Lynton, died as a result of his injuries when his motorcycle collided with another at Rose Ash, near South Molton.
A police spokesman said: “Peter is from Lynton, a small community in North Devon. He leaves behind his wife, two children and two grandchildren.
“Heartfelt love and wishes go to the family and friends involved and connected to this tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
“Peter’s family would like to thank the emergency services, the other riders and witnesses that stopped and attended to the riders at the scene.
“With thanks also to the local community and services of the family liaison officers who’ve been a great support to Peter’s wife & family at this difficult and painful time.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
The other motorcyclist killed in the collision was named as Graham Davey, 68, from Newton Abbot.