Tribute to Connor in Ilfracombe this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
All welcome to an all day rockfest and anti theft awareness event with 12 hours of live music at pubs around the town.
MUSICIANS will be gathering in Ilfracombe on Saturday for an all day rockfest and anti theft awareness event on behalf of partially sighted musician Connor Mackay.
After thieves struck three times in one week and took most of his belongings, Connor’s friends rallied around to organise the event, which will see live music performed at pubs in the town from midday through to midnight.
As well as replacing his lost belongings, it is hoped to raise money for the RNIB and Macmillan charities. There will also be a raffle on the day. The event is being sponsored by The Olden Group, Ilfracombe Round Table and Taylor’s Solicitors.
Organisers would like to thank the people who have already offered two guitar amps, a security camera and a television after hearing of Connor’s plight.
You may also want to watch:
* Click on the link to the top right of this page to see the full music line up in our gig guide and follow event news via the Con-Tribute page on Facebook.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple