Tribute paid to second Bratton crash victim
Jonny was a wonderful, considerate young man with the biggest heart, say family.
A FAMILY has paid tribute to a young man killed in a car accident near Bratton Fleming earlier this month.
Jonathan Popple, 23, along with mother-of-one Emma Kift, 21, died in the crash near Loxhore Cross in the early hours of June 1.
Both were from Bratton Fleming.
In a statement issued today (Wednesday) Jonathan’s family said: “Jonathan (Jonny) will be dearly missed by his family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“He was a wonderful, considerate young man with the biggest heart and would go out of his way to help anyone that needed it.
“We love him and miss him. Our family would like to express their thanks to the local community who have been incredibly supportive during this very difficult time.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
“We have been amazed by the love and support we have been shown over the last few weeks.”
In an earlier statement, Emma’s family said: “Emma was a devoted mother and very special daughter and sister who will be sorely missed by everyone in her extended family and extensive network of friends.
“She enjoyed life to the full and her proudest achievement was her son.”
The family also acknowledged the support of people in Bratton Fleming and in the wider community.