Trail of post box thefts near Combe Martin
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Witnesses sought after thieves destroy and empty four Royal Mail boxes in one night.
SEVERAL Royal Mail post boxes in the Combe Martin area have been smashed and emptied in one night.
Police said overnight on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 9-10, thieves broke open and stole the contents of four boxes at Berry Down, Easter Close, Kentisbury and by the Old Station Inn, Blackmoor Gate.
All were small boxes mounted on a pole and were in order at 6pm the previous evening, with the crimes committed sometime between then and 1.15am.
“This is a very unusual series of offences, which are likely linked because of the time period and the method used,” said North Devon Inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working with the Royal Mail investigation team and would like to hear from anyone who may have seen any suspicious behaviour in the area.”
Anyone with information is asked to dial 101, quoting log number 117/10/10.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia