Trail of post box thefts near Combe Martin
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Witnesses sought after thieves destroy and empty four Royal Mail boxes in one night.
SEVERAL Royal Mail post boxes in the Combe Martin area have been smashed and emptied in one night.
Police said overnight on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 9-10, thieves broke open and stole the contents of four boxes at Berry Down, Easter Close, Kentisbury and by the Old Station Inn, Blackmoor Gate.
All were small boxes mounted on a pole and were in order at 6pm the previous evening, with the crimes committed sometime between then and 1.15am.
“This is a very unusual series of offences, which are likely linked because of the time period and the method used,” said North Devon Inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working with the Royal Mail investigation team and would like to hear from anyone who may have seen any suspicious behaviour in the area.”
Anyone with information is asked to dial 101, quoting log number 117/10/10.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple