Trail of devastation as vandals wreck Newport windows
Police appeal for witness after destruction spree through Barnstaple community “with catapult or similar”
VANDALS have left a trail of smashed windows at homes and business throughout Newport in Barnstaple, causing thousands of pounds in damage.
According to police there have been at least seven reports of shattered windows during the past few days, by an unknown offender or offenders.
PC Dave Seymour, Neighbourhood Beat Manager for Newport, said the offender appeared to who have been using a catapult or something similar.
“A significant amount of damage has been caused through this series of crimes – we would appeal to anyone with any information to please speak to police,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday of last week (August 23) more than 200 windows were smashed at Park School, causing thousands in damage and urgent action had to be taken to secure the school following the attack.
A number of events due to be held on the site had to be cancelled, including a hockey festival.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Anyone with any information about the vandalism or who has seen anything suspicious in recent days is asked to contact police on 08452 777444, quoting reference CB/11/2599.