Proposals for new crossing on Station Road in Barnstaple
- Credit: Google
Barnstaple residents are being invited to have their say on proposals for a new pedestrian and cycle crossing on Station Road.
Devon County Council is seeking views on its plans for the new ‘parallel’ crossing on Station Road, between Costa and B&Q, to replace the existing facility.
The proposals are among the measures being introduced across Devon using Emergency Active Travel Funding to support walking and cycling. The County Council is prioritising this improvement to provide safer pedestrian and cyclist facilities on Station Road.
The new crossing would work like a zebra crossing but would also allow cyclists to cross on it. Two back-to-back right-turn lanes for vehicles accessing B&Q and Costa will also be introduced to reduce traffic queuing on this stretch of road.
The scheme would help connect walking and cycling links between the train station, town centre and National Cycle Route 3. The aim is for construction to start later this year.
You may also want to watch:
Comments on the proposal can be sent by email to email@example.com. The consultation will be open until Friday 4 June.
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 6 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 9 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning