Proposals for new crossing on Station Road in Barnstaple
- Credit: Google
Barnstaple residents are being invited to have their say on proposals for a new pedestrian and cycle crossing on Station Road.
Devon County Council is seeking views on its plans for the new ‘parallel’ crossing on Station Road, between Costa and B&Q, to replace the existing facility.
The proposals are among the measures being introduced across Devon using Emergency Active Travel Funding to support walking and cycling. The County Council is prioritising this improvement to provide safer pedestrian and cyclist facilities on Station Road.
The new crossing would work like a zebra crossing but would also allow cyclists to cross on it. Two back-to-back right-turn lanes for vehicles accessing B&Q and Costa will also be introduced to reduce traffic queuing on this stretch of road.
The scheme would help connect walking and cycling links between the train station, town centre and National Cycle Route 3. The aim is for construction to start later this year.
You may also want to watch:
Comments on the proposal can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The consultation will be open until Friday 4 June.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's