Instow seafront residents' parking plans set for approval
- Credit: Google
Residents’ parking plans for Instow seafront are set to be given approval by councillors when they meet next week.
The North Devon Highways and Traffic Orders Committee (HATOC), at their meeting next Wednesday, are being recommended to introduce the restrictions on parking along sections of Marine Parade and Lane End Road.
It follows concerns previously being raised by residents that they are left unable to park outside their homes as a result of visitors using the parking bays in the residential areas.
A consultation with residents finished earlier this month, with two thirds of those who responded supporting the proposed plans.
As a result, the HATOC are being recommended to implement the residents’ parking scheme for Instow, although further discussions are to be held on the list of properties eligible for permits following comments made during the consultation.
You may also want to watch:
Meg Booth, chief officer for highways, infrastructure development and waste, in her report, said: “Following contact from local residents and discussions with the local County Councillor, proposals were drawn up to introduce residents parking restrictions in the Lane End Road area of Instow, and after considering the comments, and that the majority of responses received are in favour of the scheme, it is recommended that the residents' parking scheme is introduced.
“An option of not doing anything has been considered and dismissed as this would not resolve the parking issues being experienced by the residents.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
The residents’ parking permits would apply from 8am to 6pm daily on specified lengths of Marine Parade and Lane End Road and cost residents £30 annual.
The North Devon HATOC, when they meet on Wednesday, July 7, will determine whether to implement the scheme, and following the meeting, a response will be sent to all those that commented with their decision.